Individuals worldwide develop mental health conditions at some point in their lifetimes. The fact that so many people deal with mental illness makes it critical to offer more treatment services to greater areas.
Our goal is to provide more mental health treatment access with our Walnut Creek location. You can rely on the Advanced Psychiatry Associates team to provide the tools to help improve the mental health of you and others within your community.
Mental Health Diagnostic Services
We start with conducting initial evaluations to determine what mental illness you may have. You will discuss your concerns and symptoms with your doctor, and the team will ask questions about your behaviors, struggles, thought patterns and fears. We encourage you to provide as much information as you’re comfortable sharing to ensure an accurate diagnosis.
Our team also can get you started with genetic testing, which we use when prescribing medication. These tests allow us to determine which medicines will work best for you when treating your mental health.
Mental Health Treatment in Walnut Creek
At Advanced Psychiatry Associates, our practitioners treat numerous mental health disorders and related conditions. We offer services for:
- Depression: Our team understands that depression is one of the most common mental illnesses, so we provide therapy and medication treatments to help.
- Anxiety: We also treat anxiety and panic disorders by identifying the cause and learning about symptom management.
- Eating disorders: We know how to effectively treat disorders like binge eating, anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is a life-altering disorder, so we offer several treatment options, including psychotherapy, medication and counseling.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): Our team uses recommended treatments to help you learn how to manage your OCD diagnosis.
- Bipolar disorder: We provide treatment to help you learn how to manage bipolar disorder so you can live a full life.
- Substance use disorder (SUD): If you or a loved one has SUD, our team offers treatment options to help you recover.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): We also offer treatment for other conditions that often co-occur with mental health disorders or cause similar symptoms, including ADHD. Our team will conduct vision and hearing screenings to diagnose it.
- Autism: Our team can help you manage autism symptoms with individualized treatment plans. We also provide assistance with comorbid mental illnesses.
- Alzheimer’s: Our team can assist with symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s or mental illnesses that may occur with it. We stay updated on the latest research and best practices when treating Alzheimer’s.
We use several treatment options when addressing these conditions. Medication and psychotherapy are two major ones, but we also provide SPRAVATO Esketamine Treatment™ and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Visit Our Psychiatrists in Walnut Creek, CA
Although most mental illnesses require specialized treatment and can take time to respond to treatment, we are here to help. We teach you how to manage symptoms and provide medication and counseling to help get you one step closer to recovery. We assist anyone 14 years and older in achieving long-lasting results, and we accept most major health insurance.
If you’d like to book an appointment, contact us online or call 1-877-APA-5818!
“I’ve been going here over a year now. I’ve always been treated professionally. Everyone is so nice. My clinicians are courteous and caring. Everyone I’ve dealt with has treated me respectfully while I’ve been learning to deal with my diagnoses. Highly recommend this office!”