Mental Health Clinic in Folsom, CA
Mental illness is now a global problem. According to the World Health Organization, more than 450 million people have some type of mental health disorder. Moreover, for every four people, one person is likely to develop a mental health condition at some point in their lives. Based on these alarming figures, there’s no doubt that mental health disorders are among the leading causes of poor health worldwide.
Despite these staggering statistics, less than half of the people with psychiatric disorders seek medical help. Since mental health is just as critical as physical health to a person’s well-being, these numbers are disheartening. However, we have good news for residents of Folsom, CA, and the surrounding areas. We at the Advanced Psychiatry Associates encourage individuals to reach out to us for exceptional psychotherapy services. Our goal is to initiate an incisive response to mental health problems throughout our Folsom community.
Diagnosis and Genetic Testing for Mental Health in Folsom
Consulting a psychiatrist is the first step to recovery. Our psychiatrists at Advanced Psychiatry Associates can help you determine the type of mental disorder you have by carrying out evaluations and in-person consultations. These evaluations involve doctor-patient discussions and symptom comparisons to determine the status of your mental health. The doctor may ask several questions revolving around your thoughts, fears, struggles, and behaviors. The information that you provide will go a long way in providing a correct diagnosis.
At Advanced Psychiatry Associates, we do provide our patients with genetic testing services to assist with prescribing medications. Genetic testing allows our patients to receive proper medications to treat a mental disorder.
Mental Health Treatment Services
The medical staff at our Folsom facility are experts in treating a spectrum of mental health issues, such as:
- ADD/ADHD: Our team at the ADD/ADHD diagnosis center can help you determine the exact disorder you are suffering from through vision and hearing screenings.
- Anxiety: Our anxiety experts diagonose panic disorders through a series of thorough tests and evaluations to determine the possible cause of your condition.
- Eating Disorders: Our professional team treats a variety of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating through various treatment methods.
- OCD: Our psychiatrists specialize in diagnosing and treating obsessive compulsive disorder with a variety of treatment methods.
- Schizophrenia: We understand that schizophrenia is a life-altering illness, which is why we provide various treatment options for our patients including mediication management, genetic testing, psychotherapry, and counseling.
- SPRAVTO Esketamine Treatment™: SPRAVTO esketamine is an anti-depressant nasal spray that serves as an alternative to other forms of depression treatment.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is one of the most effective ways to treat medication-resisteant depression. Our team offers TMS as a short, non-invasive outpatient treatment.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Our staff stays up to date with best practices for Alzheimer’s patients by relying on research to shape our treatment plans.
- Autism: The psychiatrists at our autism therapy center use individualized treatment plans to treat our patients with Autism.
- Bipolar Disorder: Our psychiatrists specialize in helping our patients manage their bipolar disorder through various treatment options.
- Depression: Our depression treatment facility provides two treatment option for clinical depression: medication and therapy.
- Genetic Testing: We utilize genetic testing to properly diagnose our patients to determine the best type of medication to prescribe our patients.
- Medication Management: Our team provides medication therapy services to assist patients in taking their prescribed medicines.
- Psychotherapy & Counseling: We offer psychotherapy for teens and adolescents to treat mental health disorders.
- Substance Abuse: We treat substance abuse disorders, such as alcohol and drug addication, through various treatment options.
Professional Counseling and Treatment Solutions
Mental health conditions don’t have an outright cure. However, most mental disorders are highly treatable. With proper treatment, patients with mental health problems can learn to cope and live long, fulfilling lives.
At Advanced Psychiatry Associates, we offer a variety of treatment options, including psychotherapy and medications. Psychotherapy is a range of treatments that help handle psychiatric disorders and mental health problems, such as anxiety. Our mental health doctors are thoroughly trained in offering counseling services to patients with mild mental health problems.
In more severe cases, we prescribe the appropriate medications to alleviate the symptoms of mental disorders. This need is normally the case if the problem stems from an imbalance in the brain. Our medication management doctor in Folsom, CA, can help monitor your progress and recommend new dosages depending on the outcomes. In some instances, we may administer a combination of psychotherapy and medications to achieve faster, long-lasting results.
At Advanced Psychiatry Associates, we treat patients who are 14 and older, and we accept all major insurance providers, including Social Security, worker’s compensation, HMO, and Medicare. Book an appointment with us by filling out the contact form here on our site. Alternatively, you can talk to a representative by starting a conversation on live chat.
“I’ve been going here over a year now. I’ve always been treated professionally. Everyone is so nice. My clinicians are courteous and caring. Everyone I’ve dealt with has treated me respectfully while I’ve been learning to deal with my diagnoses. Highly recommend this office!”